So, I was craving chocolate and the thought of a chocolate-pecan combo was enticing. I’m trying to eat a bit healthier, so I didn’t want to grab a pack of candy from the store full of corn syrup and chemicals…not that I don’t do that ever. I love so Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate…
I was standing in my kitchen trying to come up with an idea that wouldn’t totally throw me off track and decided to experiment. Now, I will say that I like dark chocolates and to be able to taste the chocolate, so I sometimes cut the sugar just a bit to give it a bite. If you don’t like chocolate that way, then feel free to up the sugar a tablespoon at a time until you get the sweetness you love. (Plus, that means more taste-testing!) Also, this is a fudgy chocolate cluster, if you like them more solid I’ll have a recipe posted for that here.
- 10 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup (can sub for agave or honey)
- 10 Tablespoons Stevia (or sugar if you prefer)
- 14 tsp coconut oil
- 7 Tablespoons cacao powder (I used Hershey’s Cacao Powder…can use cocoa)
- 5 oz roughly chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Here’s what you do:
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds. It may take longer to melt depending on the time of year. I had to do about a minute and it’s super cold here.
- Remove from microwave and stir in the syrup, stevia (or sugar), and cacao (or cocoa) powder until well combined.
- Now add in the chopped nuts. Stir it all up until it’s mixed thoroughly.
- Now spoon into cupcake liners (I like to used silicone cupcake liners. I’ll show a picture below of the ones I LOVE on Amazon.)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Test to see if they are set by shaking or gently squeezing them. If not, give it longer. Mine were done in 1 hour.
- Enjoy the fudgy goodness!
***Remember if you like things sweeter or prefer different ingredients, just adjust to your tastes. Like I said, I like dark chocolates and a little bite to mine. **
These are the silicone liners I use. They’re also shown in the photo up top! I’ll post a review soon because I’m obsessed with these and will never buy paper liners again!